- Have you ever had to overcome a hard time in your life?
- Do you wish you could create a new normal?
- Have you wanted to know that you truly make a difference?
If you answered yes to any of those three questions you are going to be glad you’re here! And, If you answered no, (pause) you are probably in self-denial!
Our speaker today is an overcomer! He is a Gulf War Army Veteran; 4 x track and field all American; and a 2 x Olympic trials qualifier; who suffered a sports career ending injury which resulted in the amputation of his left leg! Yet, despite a devastating set-back, he hurdled his adversity and won the long jump silver medal in Sydney, Australia.
Since his injury he has:
- Advised three US Secretaries of State on Disability Foreign Policy
- Been featured on numerous television shows including: PAX It’s a Miracle; The Weekend Today Show; and MSBC’s Morning Blend
- And founded of the United States Olympic Committee’s Paralympic Military Sports Program helping wounded, ill and injured service members use sport as a tool for their rehabilitation.
In his spare time he enjoys punishing his body as he rides his bicycle up the long hills in Colorado; coaching teenagers in track and field! And, wearing earplugs as he relearns how to play his cello!
Today, he is here to help us Hurdle Our Adversity and create our new normal.
Please welcome, from Colorado Springs, by way of Chicago, San Francisco, Washington DC, San Antonio, and Bitburg Germany
- Inspirational Speaker
- United States Army Gulf War Veteran
- And Home-Made Waffle Lover!
Our 2000 Paralympic Long Jump Silver Medalist – Mr. John Register.